Thursday, February 11, 2010

up close and personal

during one of my breaks I walked down the entire track where some of the teams were
practicing, this track is the steepest in the world.
An Olympic videotographer was up on his tower and not videoing
(turned out his cables that are tracked up the mountain for miles were having a glitch).
Sooooooo, I asked him to take my photo with my camera "and can you get me in the photo exactly at the moment the athlete is on the track, and oh, try to get the oympic rings in the photo, and .....(the other photographers chuckled at my request, but see for yourself, he got the shot)

I got this shot

above is the start of the track and below is the end, the track is on a incline so they can slow down after hitting the last turn at 5 G's, the record speed is 153.9 km/hr


the sliders head right back up for another run, they load into the trucks with their sleds

this is a warming tent near one of my posts, I enjoyed warming my nose,
that seems to be the only part of my body that gets very cold. It's been about -6c


my uniform with my lovely orange accessory (safety) vest
(turquoise and orange are complementary colors)
notice my pockets are filled with snacks and water from the break tent,
my bag is full of layers of clothing.

2 comments:

kevin and crystal said...

So awesome mom! You look great! What a great picture that guy took! Keep the post coming. We are missing you but we know you are having a great time! Love you
Kevin, Crystal, Elle, and Teagan

H+B Jackson said...

So incredible! Everyone tells me you are the coolest and are so jealous you get to be up there! That picture is amazing!