Thursday, February 11, 2010

another day readying for the Olympics

Olympic history will be made by this young man in 2010,
as he is the 1st luge athlete from India.
But, that is not what is so interesting,
India doesn't have a single constructed luge track.
He uses the natural mountain terrain of the Himalayas for his training venue.

I had a little fun in the bobsled




I had a great day today


the "load zone" practiced a dry run today with the accessible buses, loading and unloading at the venue. I was able to offer my expertise and made some suggestions on how and where to unload. To some it may seem obvious that the area should be flat and away from main traffic areas, but, evidently not so, so I made myself useful.

just a beautiful evening, look deep into the photo to see the mountain glowing

2 comments:

Meg said...

You have gotten some awesome pictures! What a cool experience! I am jealous. I saw some pictures of Whistler once a long time ago, and have always wanted to visit there ever since!

Brandon and Sara said...

I just read an article about the luger from Georgia (the country) that died from crashing during a practice run. They said med staff was right there for resuscitation, just wondering if you were there when it happened. That is so tradgic. The article and you both mentioned that track is the steepest in the world..thats so scary for those athletes.