Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bragging on Benson

I am so proud of Benson (and envious too) that he was able
to hike over 200 miles, in 2 weeks, on the John Muir trail.
He started in Yosemite and ended at Mt Whitney.
What an amazing trip, an amazing young man, and amazing photos.
Enjoy!



He had great hiking buddies, David and Matthew


On top of Whitney, 14,497 ft elevation
The highest point in the contiguous United States



that's just chapstick...









they met new friends along the way...

These guys covered an average of 15 miles a day, ranging up and down,
again and again from 9,000 -14,500 ft in elevation.




I Love you, Benson, and I am soooo proud of you!


4 comments:

H+B Jackson said...

I am so jealous too! So gorgeous! He really did amazing!

kevin and crystal said...

Love that Chonie!! I can't believe how fast they did it! I am so proud of him. I grateful he had such a good time!

Anonymous said...

And why can't we girls go and do this sometime?! Let's plan it and go! Leave the kids with grandparents and we can take off.

~E Tree

Bob & Khristie said...

WOW!!! Is Benson really a re-encarnated pioneer from the 1800's? He is definately gonna be a scout master someday. Way to go, Benson! What an experience! =)