Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bob's OK, just a flesh wound


Well family and friends, here's a brief update on the Gage family. On Sat. Bob lost his balance in his electric wheel chair, fell over on the power switch, spun around 8 or more times, crashing into furniture and walls, until I came in to the room after hearing him screaming HELP. I sat him up, and assessed the situation, he was shook up, but seemed to be ok. He went to a Gage family reunion an hour later and had no complaints. On Sunday morning his right upper leg looked really buff, almost normal size for you and I ( from the swelling), obviously not a match to his left skinny leg.
A trip to the ER and X-rays showed a fractured femur. The ER doc moved his leg around examining it, (all the while crepitus was heard from where I was sitting, YUK),
then Bob pipes up. Would that hurt if I could feel it?
The Doc says, Oh, believe me, you wouldn't even let me touch it, if you could feel it. Bob's heroic reply:

"I'm pretty darn tough, aren't I".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose he wouldn't have made a very good bull rider . . . or would he? Did he go the full 8 seconds before getting bucked off? =)

What will they do to support his leg while it heals, a cast? That would be miserable this time of year. I'll be watching out for more pics. Hope everything heals well.

Love Khristie

Pollock Palooza said...

HA! Okay so it's not so funny that he was rollin around with a broken leg, but what a great attitude.

bretandjulie said...

You should have let him dictate the story to you, it sounds much funnier coming from him. And it was also probably funnier before he knew he was injured. Hope he gets better soon.